Sunday 12 April 2009

30 mph

I couldn't help but think of White Tiger earlier.

I have been so impressed by how the vast majority of drivers do not bomb around the roads. Sure, there is some random indiscipline and a few boy-racers but generally, in Maputo anyway, people stick to lanes but, moreover, go reasonably slowly.

One of the most interesting observations I have had about what I have seen of Mozambique compared to India is the lower density of people around. So perhaps that is a factor in the driving, the less honking etc.

But even in rural India, if there were less cars and less density, I can't imagine the vast majority of drivers would drive slowly around the streets.

I'd be interested to see the letter Balram Halwai would write to the President of Mozambique about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment